Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) is a programme meant to develop entrepreneurial abilities among the people. In other words, it refers to inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills into a person needed to establish and successfully run his / her enterprise. Thus, the concept of entrepreneurship development programme involves equipping a person with the required skills and knowledge needed for starting and running the enterprise.
- AWAKE conducts Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP) for women and youth intending to start a business in urban and rural areas.
- Entrepreneurship training is imparted through structured training module at the end of which the participant is expected to develop self confidence and motivated enough to start an enterprise for their economic self sustenance.
- The program comprises of various modules delivered through interactive sessions with experienced faculties. The methodology includes lecture session, group discussions and specifically designed location-specific business games and case studies.
- AWAKE also organizes need based EDP in association with other developmental and donor agencies. The duration of the training varies from ten days to six weeks depending needs of the trainees and the donor agencies.
- The follow-up sessions for EDP trainees are conducted up to two years after the training to ensure that the budding entrepreneurs get all the support required to establish their enterprise.